He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High, will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
Psalms 91:1

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tidings of Joy

 


    We woke up to surprise snow on Saturday!  I have no clue if it was predicted as we did not watch the Friday weather report.  It made it a special day.  I slipped outside-literally-and took a few pictures of the Christmas greens.



snow on a magnolia tree


   This is a busy week, with more shopping, cleaning, baking, and getting ready for family on Sunday.  Here's a few cozy corners from around the house to wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

I made the girls'  stockings when they were young from antique quilts made by my grandmother.
The  lace and tatting are from my mother's clothes and even her cradle cap!
They are my most cherished Christmas decorations.


I love the way the morning sun lights up the needlework button tree.




    I have enjoyed sharing my thoughts, my precious blessings (grandchildren), and a few stories of life as Nonnie knows it over the past year. My blogging friends are super wonderful!  I wish I could meet all of you, and also meet the many bloggers I follow regularly.  Your inspiration spurs me on!



   Enjoy your season of celebrating, and don't forget why we have Christmas!  Remember those who have burdens this year, and those who have lost dear ones.  May God bless all these families and keep them close and wrapped in His arms.
  May God bless anyone who is reading this, may your Christmas season be full of love and fun and celebration of the birth of the King!