He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High, will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
Psalms 91:1

Friday, March 19, 2010

New bathroom, old book, established author

Hey you precious sisters,

I am skirting around the house dodging 'stuff' out of place due to the bathroom remodel.  I do love to redo things, but I am weary of the MESS.  We had water damage under and around our shower and much to our surprise, out with the old and in with the new.  We really thought we could do minimal repair and replacement--not the case.  But, we are practically getting a new bathroom.  That is fun, but grumpy about the cost!

A few days ago, I started reading (for maybe the sixth time) Jan Karon's,  At Home in Mitford.  She is my favorite author, and her Mitford series is a must read.  Ms. Karon, herself, is a delight.  I have had the exciting experience of hearing her speak in person a couple of times.  She is funny, beautiful, poise, and a true lady that has a heart for Jesus.  Need I say more???

by Jan Karon
Front

Cover Image

Terms of UseCopyright, and Privacy Policy
© 1997-2010 Barnesandnoble.com llc

Anyway, if you have not 'gone to Mitford' and 'lived' among the characters in her novels, it is a true delight.  Reading her books makes me want to be a better person, notice those in need, and live the way Christ wants me to live.

I found out today Francine Rivers has a new book out,  Her Mother's Hope.  Sound like a great read.
[978-1-4143-1863-9.jpg]
This looks and sounds like a WWII setting, which is one of my favorites!  Ms. Rivers and Beth Moore will be in the Dallas area signing books this weekend for a "Heart of Texas" tour.  Wish I was in Texas.

It is a beautiful, warm and sunny day here.  I need to be outside instead of sitting in front of this computer screen.  Have a wonderful weekend!

What are your favorite authors and books?

nonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave a message. I will try to respond as soon as I can!