He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High, will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
Psalms 91:1

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Living in the shelter of the Most High


Dwell:  1. To live as a resident; reside. 2. To exist in a given place. 
Shelter: shielded or safe condition: protection.
Rest: cease work or movement in order to refresh oneself, or recover strength 


Don't you just love those words?  When I ponder those words according to Psalms 91:1, I get goose bumps thinking about how God loves and protects me. 


We cannot fathom how much our God loves us.  He cares for us and cares what is happening to us, just as we care for our children, and are concerned about them.  My youngest daughter just had her second child.  I was blessed to have spent a week with her when the baby came.  When I came home, my mind was on that sweet baby, her big sister and her mommy.  I cared so much that I was thinking about them all night, waking up and wondering if it was time for the baby to eat, or if my daughter was getting enough rest.


Our heavenly Father feels the same way about us.  He knows our struggles and pains. He knows our joys and our sorrows.  I find that very comforting in this crazy world we live in.  Our Father knows it all, and when we "dwell" in Him, He is our Shelter and our REST.




Today we finally got another taste of Spring.  We have had a long cold winter.  I just love to see the buttercups popping up and the trees budding.  Thank you, Lord!!!


....weekend's almost here...

nonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave a message. I will try to respond as soon as I can!