He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High, will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
Psalms 91:1

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Holy Week

This is Holy Week.  The week leading up to Christ's death and resurrection.  Sometimes we get lost in the bunnies, eggs, chicks, and candy and forget what we are really celebrating.  There would be no church without Christ's horrible death, but glorious resurrection!

Sunday, at our church we sang the 'Revelation Song'.  It is a favorite.  I have had it hanging around in my head for two days.  The words come from Revelation 4:8.  Below is the youtube video of Kari Jobe singing this song.  There are clips from several movies about Christ, which make it so moving.
                                                                    

We purchased the movie 'The Passion of Christ' several years ago.  
I try to watch it every year at this time. It is not a fun movie. I have
heard others say it was just too violent. Well, yes, it was. the movie
or the accounts of Christ's death in Scripture are not suppose to make us
laugh. It is to humble us and make us realize what Christ did to save us.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and Resurrection Sunday. Glory 
to the King of Kings!







No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave a message. I will try to respond as soon as I can!