He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High, will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
Psalms 91:1

Friday, September 2, 2011

Random Happenings

My blogging has taken a back seat to other happenings around here...

I have to say, it is not at the top of priorities.  Plus, after the camera got eat up with milk from little Pae's bottle at the beach, I haven't taken any pics.  But,,,,,,,,,,  GUESS WHAT???  Poppie (Mr. G) bought me a new and improved version! Now, if I just had the time to get it out of the box!



I promise (well, I will TRY) to get it out this weekend and see if I can take some awesome pics for ya.

Life is busy.  I do get surprised at how busy it can get.  But, I am thankful that I have some busy, and that I am able to do the busy things.

Very soon the 'Bobkittens' will have our first annual reunion!!!!  Can't wait.  You will hear all about it........



On to other news:  Have you read "The Help" yet?  You must.  Run, don't walk, people, to the nearest bookstore or yank your BF's book from her little hands and READ READ READ.  I totally could not put it down.  (I had to, though, to get some sleep!)  I read it in three days flat, mostly between the hours of 8 p.m. and 2 p.m.    Ugh.  But, it was worth it.




I have to say that it reflects a dark time in our nation's history--but thankfully we have moved on past that era, for the most part.  It's a great read, a touching and tender story of love that transcends through race.   Get your tissues out, girlies, and be ready to mess up your mascara.

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE MOVIE!!!

Have any of you fellow bloggies read "Faux Fuchsia" ?  You MUST.  She is Australian with a wonderful sense of STYLE and HUMOR.  I happened upon her blog about a year ago, and when I need a laugh or just a little of fun I read her blog.   I have asked permission to use her hilariously funny phrases, but I must tell you I borrowed them from her!  Examples:  'actioning' as in,   "this morning I actioned up some biscuits for breakfast"  or "look away Dr. Atkins"   or   "Run, don't walk people".  She, her very clever self, coined the "actioning" phrase.  I JUST LOVE IT.  (FF would say "I just LUFF it!)  ;)

FF very entertaining blog:  http://fauxfuchsiastyle.blogspot.com/

Can you tell I am a word freak?  I am currently working on some very creative phrases of my own....

Have an awesome Labor Day!  All of you travelers, be safe!




No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave a message. I will try to respond as soon as I can!