He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High, will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
Psalms 91:1

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Forty Days

Paisley in the womb, Oct. 2009


Paisley, at two weeks old, Feb. 2010


     We were blessed to see pictures of each of our grandchildren before they were born through their ultrasounds.  When I was having babies, we did not have the actual picture to take home with us, but I was able to see my babies on the computer screen.  What an utter joy it was to see what was growing inside me, so wonderfully made, so perfectly formed by a God who knew those babies from the foundations of the world!  Seeing them on the screen was my first meeting, but it was not our Heavenly Father's first encounter.

     Last week (Sept. 22, 2010), a Forty Days of Life campaign has begun to urge us to pray for the unborn, to bring a halt abortions that have taken so many lives here in this nation and around the world.

   Please join in to pray that abortions will be stopped and those women can find joy and peace in their decision to give that child life.


    Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; 
      you formed me in my mother's womb.
   I thank you, High God—you're breathtaking!
      Body and soul, I am marvelously made!
      I worship in adoration—what a creation!
   You know me inside and out,
      you know every bone in my body;
   You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,
      how I was sculpted from nothing into something.
   Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;
      all the stages of my life were spread out before you,
   The days of my life all prepared
      before I'd even lived one day. 
Psalm 139:13-16  The Message Bible

    Let me add, that I do not want to cause guilt or shame with this post. To those of you who have had abortions you can be free from the guilt of this act.  The Lord God on High is a forgiving God.  There is no sin bigger than His ability and willingness to forgive.  Please know there is no condemnation when you ask forgiveness.  As we pray for those who may seek abortions in the future, let's also join together to pray for those who have had them in the past.   

Heavenly Father, Jehovah-rapha, our Healer,    
   You are the Holy One.  You are the Most High One.  Let you name be praised upon all the nations. 
   We thank you for your mercy upon our lives.  We thank you for your grace poured out on us daily. 
   We come to you to pray for direction in stopping abortions.  We seek your guidance in the manner in which you would have this evil eliminated.  We pray for those who lead in this endeavor that they may seek your will in actions to turn around this act against children.
    Lord, soften hearts and unveil eyes where these hearts are frozen and eyes are blind to this sin committed against you.  
   We ask forgiveness for all our sins.  There are none of us who are without sin. 
   Lord, I ask that healing may come to those who seek it.  I ask that your love and comfort surround those who need it.  May your light shine in them as they come to You.
   
    We praise you, Lord.
    We ask these things in the precious name of Jesus,
    Amen.

The following link is a blog with a compelling story of sin and redemption. A story of abortion and forgiveness.   Please go to 'Not Mine but God's Story'.  Look in the side bar and click to read Tammy's story "My Secret Sin".













In addition:
My sweet son-in-law sent me this youtube video yesterday.  How fitting that I would receive it, in light of this blog post.  

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=158348990848143

With heavy thoughts, warm hearts, big hugs,


nonnie