He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High, will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
Psalms 91:1

Monday, May 2, 2011

The Royals and other royals

  Well, the wedding is in the morning.  By the time I post this, it will be over.  Sigh.  All that planning, all that work.  It's over in a few hours.

  The word 'royal' brings to mind several different things:

   When I was a teenager and very much into soap operas, Port Royal was a town on one of my favorite shows.  I found out years later, Port Royal really was really a town, several towns, in fact.

   A very close friend  of ours sports the name 'Royal'.  When the girls were younger, and this couple would come over for dinner, the girls called it a royal dinner.  Royal made the best angel biscuits you could slide down your southern throat, and thus we named them 'royal' biscuits.

   There is a community and road named Port Royal near here, but I am sorry to say, I don't have a clue as to where it ends: Port Royal or Buckingham Drive.  Westminster Lane, maybe? 

             UPDATE:





    I did not get up at three for the Royal Wedding, but I did make it up by five-thirty, just in time for the bride to walk down the isle.  Or was it the vows?  I am not sure why I thought we had to jump out of a comfy bed this morning, when the visions I wanted to see were replayed all morning.  So, I cooked up some royal  bacon and scrambled some  princess eggs for Mr. G and myself.  

    I must tell you, the gown was lovely, the veil was posh, and Kate, the princess herself, looked smashing!  I had a jolly old good time watching the events as I cleaned house this morning.  I was rather weary of all the waffle by the media, but all in all it was ace.


   I have NO clue if any of what was said above was in the right context of English slang talk!  Just trying out a few words thrown around over the past few weeks...


   Well, cherrio, my dear bloggies!

  


     


    
  Photo credits: AP Photo/Martin Meissner; Adrian Dennis/AFP/Getty Images; Chris Furlong/Getty Images
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to leave a message. I will try to respond as soon as I can!